Equity incentives are higher incentives that are available to residential customers who meet certain income thresholds. These higher incentives are available to qualified residential customers in both single-family and multi-family homes. Commercial customers are not eligible.
Please note that the TECH team is putting finishing touches on the online income verification portal. Proof of income verification through this portal is required for heat pump water heater incentive applications, so contractors cannot currently offer these higher Equity incentive levels. We will broadcast out widely when this income verification portal is ready for use, expected before December.
What makes a customer eligible for the
TECH Clean California Equity incentives?
For multifamily building owners – the incentive applicant will provide a copy of the deed restriction for the building. There is no action needed from tenants.
For single-family homes (four dwelling units or less), the occupants must have a household income that is either:
- At or below 80 percent of the area’s median income
- At or below 250 percent of the federal poverty level
To qualify, the customer will provide income verification. We can accept a wide variety of forms such as tax filings, workers comp, child support, disability or unemployment, bank statements, etc. If you are enrolled in another program that has already verified your income eligibility, we can accept that as income verification for TECH Clean California incentives. These programs include:
- Disadvantaged Communities—Single Family Solar Homes (DAC-SASH)
- Single Family Affordable Solar Homes (SASH)
- Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)
- Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP)
- Weather Assistance Program (WAP)
- California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE)/ Family Electric Rate Assistance Program (FERA)*
- Energy Savings Assistance (ESA)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Federal Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribal TANF
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
How is income verified?
The program provides an online verification tool that is free of charge for the applicant. Once a customer has worked with a TECH contractor to decide to install a new heat pump water heater, the customer will need to complete their income verification. More information coming soon. Please check back.